WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
You have 2 options, you either plea/admit to the charges or you can fight the case. Attorney Milligan is a Board Certified Massachusetts OUI lawyer who handles more drunk driving trials in a year than most lawyers handle in their career. He successfully defense approximately 8 out of 10 OUI cases. He is also the Chairperson of the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) course on Handling OUI case and RMV Matters. Essentially he teaches other Massachusetts lawyers how to defend OUI cases.
If you fight your case and win, upon order of the court your license will be returned. Discuss your options with an experienced OUI defense attorney. Call 888.684.6494
- You will receive a guilty finding (felony conviction) with a jail sentence not less than 180 days (150 day minimum mandatory), or if Indicted not more than 5 years State Prison.
- You will likely have a further suspended sentence, that is if you fail to complete probation the court can and probably will put you back in jail for a predetermined period of time.
- Fine $1,000-$15,000.
- License suspended for 8 years, work/education hardship considered in 2 years, general hardship in 4 years.
- Ignition Interlock device required under G.L. ch. 90, § 24 ½.
- Note: A Refusal Suspension does not run CONCURRENT with any conviction or admission suspension. Therefore, you license may be suspended for 7 years prior to being eligible for a hardship license. (5 year breath test refusal plus 2 years of the conviction suspension.)
If you fight your case and win, upon order of the court your license will be returned.
If you fight your case and lose, the penalties will likely be the same as above. The only difference is that if you lose after a trial, you will receive a conviction.
If you’ve been charged in Massachusetts with your 3rd offense of drunk driving or operating under the influence of alcohol you need an attorney who is certified in drunk driving defense and has a proven record of success.
MASSACHUSETTS BOARD CERTIFIED DRUNK DRIVING DEFENSE LAWYER
Massachusetts board certified drunk driving defense lawyer, Attorney James Milligan represents clients charged with DUI DWI OUI throughout Massachusetts including Barnstable County, Bristol County, Essex County, Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Plymouth County, Suffolk County, and Worcester County. If you have been charged with a 3rd offense drunk driving DUI DWI OUI in Massachusetts, contact Attorney Milligan for a Free Case Evaluation.